The Europe Center, with support of the Stanford Club of Germany, sponsors graduate internships and research visits with German companies and research institutes each summer. The objective of this program is to provide opportunities for Stanford graduate students to spend 8-12 weeks in Germany pursuing internships or performing research at local institutions.
- Students may identify their target institutions based on their curricular expertise and career goals; the program staff provides support in locating potential host sites and in negotiating arrangements.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider the full range of potential placement sites, from startups to established industry players and research institutions.
- Exact start and end dates to be determined by the host and student.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded by The Europe Center with each internship to cover the cost of travel and basic living expenses. Interns will be required to submit a three-page report of their experience two weeks after their return.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Graduate Research and Internship Program in Germany or contact the Fellowship Coordinator.
- Applicants from all Stanford schools and departments are welcome to apply.
- The applicant must have completed their undergraduate degree and must currently be an enrolled graduate at Stanford and in good standing. Coterminal students are not eligible for this program.
- The applicant cannot have his/her graduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship.
- Application Period Opens: Mid-September.
- Application Deadline: Early December.
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form including a resume or CV, an unofficial transcript of Stanford courses and a statement of interest.
- Students selected for interviews are notified by mid-December.
- Interviews are conducted in January.
- Final selection decisions are announced by early February.